Friday, May 9, 2014

Hoisin Pork Stew with Snow Peas

Good Evening dear readers,  It's been a very busy day and has promised here's the new recipe.  I was looking for bits and pieces to put in my art journal when I came across this recipe in All Me magazine.  When I saw that it had hoisin in it, I knew I would be making this recipe soon.  I love the taste of hoisin and a lot of my family recipes have hoisin in them.  Conor can be heard to say another Asian recipe can't we have German food.  Yes, my son is really into his German heritage and gets on me because I love cooking Asian food.  Your gonna love this recipe--it cooks in  the crock pot can you say bonus?  Let's get down to it and this recipe was adapted to fit my families needs and budget.


1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 lbs boneless short ribs--originally called for 5 lbs of bone in beef ribs
salt
1 7oz jar hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp ginger spice
4 oz snow peas cut slant wise
3 green onions sliced

Warm oil in frying pan.  Sprinkle salt on ribs and put in pan.  Brown all sides of meat takes about 6 minutes. When done place in slow cooker.

Mix hoisin, 1/2 cup water, garlic and ginger together.  Then pour over ribs in crock pot set for 4 hours on high cook.  Meat will be falling apart good.

During the last 10 minutes of cooking add snow peas. Also you can add other veggies i.e. water chestnuts and baby corn.  We added water chestnuts.  When they are done warming pour sliced green onions on top.
You can serve this over white or brown rice.  Enjoy and Happy Mothers Day.  The teens can even cook this for mom on Mother's Day.



 







No comments: