Saturday, May 31, 2014

I Broke My No.1 Rule

Good Morning dear readers,  I did a bad thing a week ago and I'm still paying the price.  Your probably wondering what evil thing did she do.  Others might not consider it a bad thing but when you have a heat sensitive illness it can be bad.  I went outside and walked to the store after 12 noon in the hottest part of the day.  Your like what's the big deal.  I'm so sensitive I broke out in a rash just for a 15 minute trip to the store and back.  Then later in the week I attempted to attend my son's graduation in the high heat.  Well worse case scenario I almost passed out and had to leave early. I was more upset then my son who graduated.  After scolding the vice-principal for no overhangs and available water supply.  I suggested they have the ceremonies in future in the mornings because their are a lot of parents who are disabled and have heat sensitive diseases like my neighbor who's son graduates next year.  I learned a few things on how to take care of skin that's been overexposed to sun.  When you are taking medication drink extra water before going outside.  When I was on the shots I would drink 3-5 liters of water around shot days, since taking the pills I cut down not good still need to drink a good amount.  For those of you who don't take medication on a daily basis 3 liters would be good on really hot days.  Even keep a bottle of Gatorade around to make sure you keep your electrolytes up.  The best ways to treat the skin I've found are the following household items and everyone has them.


1.  Oatmeal-crush it up and put about a cup in a warm bath and sit in it for about 15-20 minutes.  It feels wonderful.  I forgot I had Aveeno oatmeal bath and boy did that feel good.

2.  Baking soda-put a fair amount in your tub (1/4 cup) of warm water let dissolve.  Sit in your tub for about 15-20 minutes.  Let the skin air dry it will feel a lot better.

3.  Oddly enough Ice Cubes applied directly to the heat rash will reduce swelling.

My favourite standby once the skin starts to dry out is Noxzema will keep it moist and a good antibiotic cream to help it heal further.

I plan on picking up this tool that my neighbor doused me with when she picked me up from my son's graduation Wal-mart has a motorized water bottle fan sprayer that is a great idea.  

Hope this helps, keep cool and don't do what I did. 


linking to this party:
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2014/06/flaunt-it-friday-209.html

No comments: