Thursday, May 8, 2014

New Art Journal Page-Fifty Years of Me

Good Morning dear readers,  I finished another art journal page.  This one is perfect for my birthday next week like the caption says its my 50th birthday.  I wanted to do this page because I loved the stamp I picked up at the thrift store.  It was the elderly lady with the watch depicting time passing, love it.  This page started out with lots of oil pastels but was ending up being to busy.  I ended up redoing it and covering it with gesso.  I picked up some apple barrel paints in vanilla ice cream and kiwi which made it perfect.  The stamp was not showing up well so I put it on card stock.  My son Conor said it looks like a post card. I used chip board and washi tape to form the words and letters.  One lovely find worked out well with the stencils--bingo dauper in green and various stencils.  Used a picture of the sunny lady from a magazine.  Love it having fun creating these pages.  Pick up a children's song book at yard sale that's going to be altered art book will share later.  Here's the pic's from my journal enjoy.


No comments: