Sunday, May 4, 2014

Celebrating Graduation with Funfetti Lemon chocolate chip cookies

Good Afternoon dear readers,  Sorry about not putting a lot of recipes up lately, I took a break from cooking post because of my hands.  They are a lot better so I can mix batter and do my regular recipes to share with everyone.  I"m posting this early instead of Wednesday running around this week with appointments.  Kyle, my oldest is graduating from high school very soon. God I feel old (I turn 50 this month).  I took the funfetti cake mix cookie recipe and altered it.  I added chocolate chips to the recipe and instead of frosting them with white frosting I used lemon.  Nothing says spring like the taste of lemons.  Here's what you'll need to make these yummy cookies. You can give these as gifts for graduation or mothers day.


1 package of funfetti spring cake mix
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 package of lemon frosting
1/2 chocolate chips

Warm your oven to 375 degrees while your mixing the ingredients.  Put cake mix, eggs, oil and chocolate chips and mix together. You can use either hand mixer or large spoon.  Then shape dough into a 1 inch ball.
Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.  Then press down to flatten with small bottom cup.  You can flour the bottom of cup to prevent sticking.  Cook in oven for 7 minutes or until edges are brown.  I ended up cooking first batch an extra 5 minutes.  Let cookies cool for 2 minutes.  While they are still warm frost them. Then serve and enjoy.














No comments: