Thursday, November 7, 2013

Frugal Family Food-Stuffed Pepper Soup

Good Afternoon all,  this weeks recipe I think everyone needs--soup.  Everyone in my household even Frankie as had to deal with upper respiratory issues.  What better way to make everyone feel better is a hot bowl of soup.  This soup is so easy to make.  You make it using convenience foods.  The added bonus of using the convenience foods their are coupons on most of them out in the stores.  That makes this an inexpensive meal.  So here's what you'll need for this recipe.  I got the original recipe from taste of home and have altered it for my family.


2 boil in bag success rice packages
2 lbs ground beef
1 8oz bag frozen peppers and onion (I used recipe ready)
1 jar ragu chunky sauce (I used chunky peppers and mushrooms shh..don't tell Conor he hates mushrooms)
2 cans beef broth (14 oz.)
1 can water
dash garlic powder

prepare rice according to package directions
brown meat and veggies in dutch oven or big sauce pot until no longer pink drain.
Add rice, sauce, broth and water 
Let boil until heated through
Add garlic powder to taste

Serve with bread and salad.  This is a very versatile recipe you can use any kind of ground meat and even mix it up a little and use a different chunky sauce. Bon Appetite and enjoy

Don't forget we are starting cookie club on Saturday I will post x-mas cookie recipes. The first one also happens to be a murder mystery food so check it out.

Oh still having trouble with buttons so I can be reached at http://www.facebook.com/lorraine2448 or http://www.twitter.com/lorraine2448  Those of you not on google+, I've added a comment box to the end of the blog post.











No comments: