Saturday, August 23, 2014

Getting Ready For Fall With A Goulash

Good Morning dear readers, as you can tell I love the fall and winter months more then summer. It's a time where we get to enjoy soups and stews in front of a warm fireplace, relaxing with family and enjoying videos which is my families favourite pastime.  Fall is also the time of festivals.  One of Conors favourite is Oktoberfest and he's been hitting me up for more German recipes.  This year I'm ready for him.  I found this lovely easy and quick goulash recipe at the Mr. Food site.  I have adapted it to fit my needs.  Here's what you'll need to make this lovely recipe.


2 lbs lean ground meat -- I used 2 1/2 lbs
1 medium onions -- I used a sweet onion
3 1/2 cups of prepared beef broth -- I used 4 cups
1 8 oz. package elbow macaroni -- I used whole wheat macaroni
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper -- I used just enough to taste
1 cup sour cream

Brown meat with onions in large pot--love my dutch oven.  Add all other ingredients except sour cream.  Bring this to a boil and when boiling turn power down and let simmer for 6-8 minutes or until noodles are tender.  Remove from heat and add sour cream and then serve in bowls.  Voila lunch and dinner are served

                                         http://www.pinterest.com/pin/362610207471450307/

Sorry everyone the other pics did not turn out just the one I took outside.  The things we do to get a decent photo.

linking up here:
http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2014/08/share-your-cup-thursday-116.html

No comments: