Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Runaway Baked Onion Rings

Good Evening dear readers,  here's the other recipe I promised.  This one is definitely a keeper.  You want to know how I know because the boys ran off with the plate.  They have a very distinctive yummy flavor. I like the fact no frying was involved.  They were really easy to make.  I got the recipe from an old issue of Taste of Home.  I did change it up a little and  you'll like what I did to the recipe.  So here's what you'll need.


2 large sweet onions
2 eggs
1-1/2 cup corn flakes here's where I did the which I used frosted flakes instead
2 teaspoons of sugar only use if not using the frosted flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt

Cut and peel the skin off the onion.  Cut onions into 1/2 in. slices;  separate into rings.  whisk eggs in shallow bowl.  In another bowl crush cornflakes add sugar, paprika, garlic salt and seasoned salt. Dip onion rings in egg mixture then dip in corn flakes.  Arrange on a greased cookie sheet and cook at 375 degree for 15-20 minutes.  Bon Appetite and enjoy.



                                             http://www.pinterest.com/pin/362610207471149353/








No comments: