Tuesday, July 22, 2014

No-Fuss Potato Salad-An MS Moment Fail

Good Morning dear readers,  I finally made the semi home made potato salad. It did not turn out the way I had hoped it would.  The potatoes were a little too thin and the sauce just wasn't there.  So I'm posting this has a fail you can try it and tell me how it went for you.  I like the concept of using the box potatoes because no stress on my bad knee.  You know me love easy no standing around recipes. So here's what you'll need.

1 package scalloped potatoes
3 2/3 cups water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
Paprika, optional

Set the sauce packet aside to use later from potato box.  In a large pot add potatoes and 3 cups water bring to a boil.  Once boiling let simmer for 15-20 minutes.  Rinse with cold water drain and put in bowl, cover and refrigerate.  In another pot melt butter add sauce packet  and gradually add the remaining water stir until smooth.  Bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Stir mayonnaise and mustard into sauce then add to the potatoes.  Add chopped eggs and sprinkle top with paprika.  

Note in talking with Conor I think we forgot to boil the sauce.  I call that an ms moment.









                                                       Boil it before putting it in the bowl




No comments: