Thursday, July 10, 2014

Altered Book Art

Good Morning dear readers,  We are back with a new camera in place, so bear with me as I'm learning its little quirks.  I've been trying other things with my art and wanted to share another form of it with you.  It's taking a book and altering its pages with mixed media and its quite fun.  I found a childrens old song book at the thrift store.  I gesso'd some pages but you leave some of the words ungesso'd as part of the art, which I have done.  The page I worked on had trees in it.  After gessoing I brought the trees back out using oil pastels and colored pencils.  I went over the oil pastels with water colour and this actually sealed it so it would not rub off in my hands.  I rubber stamped the corner and highlighted sentences with acrylics.



                                        http://www.pinterest.com/pin/362610207471055708/

No comments: