Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day with a Movie

Good Morning dear readers, It's supposed to be a lovely day in California today.  Perfect for celebrating Valentines day.  How do you celebrate?  Do you have a nice dinner and candy with flowers?  I love to celebrate by watching some of my favourite romantic comedies.  I wanted to share them with you.

The first one is definitely a classic "Desk Set", set in a New York Television station with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.  They meet and of course argue and eventually fall in love.  You can enjoy the antics while  all of this is happening.  Enjoy the retro clothing and something called a floating island. Don't worry I'll be making this soon for the blog.  Another movie I really love is "The Mirror has Two Faces".  It stars Barbara Streisand and Jeff Bridges.  They are two professors who meet through a personal ad and a sister.  They have an arranged marriage and that eventually results in love.  One of my favourite parts is where Barbara's character says that when you fall in love you hear Puccini in your head.  That is just so beautiful.  Enjoy these movies with your loved ones.  Did you know that if you watch 5 romantic movies and discuss them with your loved ones you can make your relationship better according to a study done at UCLA.  I'm game, I love all those movies.  So what romantic movies would you pick?  Happy Valentines Day.




No comments: