Friday, September 12, 2014

new art journal page-simpler times

Good evening dear readers, here's my latest fun page.  I found booklets of card stock at wal-mart and I just love these sheets of paper.  I took the page with old movie posters printed on it.  I cut them out and prepped them for my page.  I take back what I said about the Folsom Joanne's went in the other day and they finally had gesso.  So I'm ready to do a lot more painting.  I used bright green and my favourite cranberry acrylic paint as the background.  Then edged the page in black oil pastels.  Still working on getting it right with the stencils and the gesso.  Took the flower stencil and filled portion with gesso didn't quite come out as I wanted but good enough.  Then rubbed oil pastels over it and outlined with black oil pastels.  I glued the movie poster cutouts to the page and wrote in black oil pastels simpler times on the side.  These photos remind of the 1950's love vintage stuff.  Here's the photos sorry about the quality had some problems with camera today.


















No comments: