Monday, September 15, 2014

German Hot Dish

Good Morning dear readers, yes, we are back to getting some recipes ready for fall.  Kyle wanted me to look for Asian lettuce wraps for this week but I found a lovely one dish deal on Mr. Food.  It reminded of my southern roots.  My parents were raised in the south and cooked a lot of recipes from the deep south.  This recipe contains a main ingredient found in the south black eyed peas. But your probably wondering why she's calling it German.  Well it also has a lot of ingredients found in German recipes and Conor wanted me to call it a German recipe.  So that's what I did.  Here's what you'll need and I've adapted the recipe to fit my families needs and tastes.


2 lbs ground beef
4 1/2 cups beef broth
3 (15.5 oz cans black eyed peas undrained)
3 potatoes peeled and chopped
1 sweet onion chopped
1 celery stalked chopped
1 cup of shredded carrots (buy in bag)
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper just to taste

First off, brown your meat in a large soup pot until no longer pink.  Then drain off the grease and add all of your other ingredients.  Set to boil on stove once boiling turn down to simmer and let cook 30-35 minutes or until a fork comes clean from the potatoes.  Voila bon appetite.

                                         http://www.pinterest.com/pin/362610207471730329/




No comments: