Monday, April 13, 2015

Mega Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie

Good Morning dear readers,  I wanted to make a smoothie that contained both types of anti-inflammatory agents that I knew about.  I took a class at the VA that discussed alternatives to medications because I'm allergic to a lot of medications.  I was intrigued by the tart cherry juice,  It works as an anti-inflammatory.  It's really great. It helped me with my knee.  Now we also have our favourite pineapple juice with its bromeline.  Bromeline is also an anti-inflammatory agent.  I love the effects of bromeline can be used on headaches and muscle pains.  I decided to mix them together and I could immediately feel the effects.  It went right to the swelling in my knee. But note don't drink more then one cup of cherry juice in a day it can lock up your joints.  I found this out from the clerk at Raley's because I was buying so much of it at one time.  So here's the recipe.  Bon appetite.


1-can 15 oz crushed pineapple
1-cup tart cherry juice-can be found at Raleys
2-cups of pineapple juice
ice cubes 


Put all of it in the blender on crush and then hit blend.  All done drink up.


No comments: