Saturday, November 22, 2014

All Things Holiday Art Page

Good Afternoon dear readers and fellow artsy people,  I finally finished another art page.  For those of you who don't know what art journaling is--its a journal using art and words to express yourself.  You don't have to be able to draw you can use stencils, rubber stamps and collage.  So now on to today's page.  The holidays are here so I wanted something depicting the holidays.  I'm really happy with the page because I was able to actually draw something and have it turn out decent.  I painted the background my favourite acrylic colors cranberry and Mosaic blue.  I then rubber stamped happy thanksgiving in blue ink all over the page.  Then I drew my x-mas tree using oil pastels in brown and green using blue, purple and yellow for the decorations.  I glued a scrap booking piece around the tree. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the cat sitting in the extra roasting pan looking at me-where's the bird?  I used a cat stamp on card stock to depict Frankie and cut a piece of tin foil for the roasting pan and gesso'd a thought bubble with where's the bird?  Glued collage elements from magazines and store flyer's and wrote in black oil pastel "All Things Holiday".  Thanks for reading if you like please follow me on facebook and pinterest.  We always follow back.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving   






No comments: