Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Holiday Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole

Good Morning dear readers,  here's the first recipe I promised for this week.  I've been looking at breakfast recipes for the upcoming holidays.  I wanted something that I wouldn't have to babysit all day.  You can cook this on low and let sit for 8 hours or cook on high for 3-4 hours which is what I did.  I took a recipe from Taste Of Home and altered it to my tastes.  This turned out great.  I love the flavors.  So here's what you'll need to recreate this recipe.


1 lb diced cooked ham
1 cup chopped green onions
1 sweet chopped red bell pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 bag frozen shredded hash browns
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste

Grease a 5 qt. crock pot.  Mix milk, eggs and spices together set aside.  Mix onions and peppers together set aside.  Put a layer of hash browns in crock pot.  Then layer with ham and vegetables. Repeat layers and then pour egg mixture over top.  Let cook in crock pot for 3-4 hours on high setting.  Serve with fruit and milk makes a nice meal.  Perfect for those busy holiday mornings.







No comments: