Saturday, March 22, 2014

It smells like spring must be a cake

Good Morning dear readers, Sorry been a little lax with the recipes been dealing with the ms.  So I decided the boys are out of town and I have peace and quiet, which gives me time to bake.  We are returning to the scene of the crime so to speak.  Like I said when we made the orange dreamsicle cake their are a lot more cake recipes in "Death Takes The Cake" by Melinda Wells.  This one is called a Lemon Funeral Cake because it was served at Funerals.  I think it should be called a spring cake because it smells like spring  I started mixing the batter and the smell was to die for so yummy. This recipe was altered to fit my families needs.

So here's what you'll need to make this cake:

1 package lemon supreme cake mix
2 eggs go for the large
3/4 cups vegetable oil
3/4 cups water
1 package instant lemon pudding
 cooking spray

turn oven on to 350 degrees
mix cake batter with pudding add water and oil and blend well.  Add your eggs one at time between eggs beat your batter until blended.

I used a bundt pan for my cake you can use an angel food cake pan.  First time I get to use my pan I bought it at a yard sale.  I love to get things to use in the kitchen.  Coat pan with cooking spray and pour batter in it.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until done oven temps vary. After you take it out let it cool in the pan 10 minutes.
This is a poke cake so poke some holes in it and pour glaze over the top. Letting it soak in and absorb

Here's the glaze
1 1/2 orange juice (I used aloha morning citrus blend reminds me of elementary school punch )
4 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups confectioners sugar

Blend all ingredients into mixing bowl and pour over cake. Put has much as it will take.  I ended up only using half didn't want it to get soggy.  Tastes so orangy and lemony like spring.





                                              For easy pinning  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/362610207470000985/

No comments: