Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer Time Candy Bark

(contains affilitated amazon links see disclosure in footer)
Good Evening dear readers, Conor's been asking for me to make bark again.  I told him I wanted something a little different.  We compromised I made his favourite and then I played with this recipe. I saw the vanilla chips in the store and it reminded me of ice cream. You know the type I'm talking about the ice cream sandwiches with the chocolate on the outside and the vanilla on the inside.  I grabbed a bag and then proceeded to make this recipe.  I love this recipe its so easy it only takes 10 minutes in the oven.  So here's how I made this recipe.


1 bag chocolate chips 11 oz bag
1 bag vanilla chips 11 oz bag
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup baking coconut

Spread the chips on a baking sheet.  Then sprinkle the other ingredients over the chips.  Place in a 200 degree oven no higher or the chocolate will burn.  When melted remove from oven and spread around with spatula.  Place in freezer for 20 minutes.  Pull out when frozen and break into little pieces.







Check out items to help you with your baking needs



No comments: