Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Savings Tips Tuesday--shopping at Dollar Tree and CVS

I decided I would start posting my savings and shopping trips to help everyone save money.  Everybody loves to save money especially in this economy.  I made a recent trip to dollar tree with coupons.  Yes, they now take coupons but watch the sizing on the products.  That will get you every time. Sometimes its best to make a run in and look around to see what items are there that you have coupons for those items.  You can get school items for the kids. Here's what I got from them:

2-Thesaurus books
1-Dictionary
1-package Bic pens
2-reach dental floss
3-Palmolive 14oz liquid dish soap
1-Disposable gloves
1-Stor-it cover ups

Total before coupons  $12.96       Out of Pocket $8.96

Saved $4 using coupons on the $1/1  pens which were free, $1/2 dental floss, .50/1 dish liquid.  If your kids don't mind their is a .75/1 Colgate they have the cinnamint ones available.  My kids don't like them. Be sure and sign up for their Value Seekers Club. They have tips, crafts and recipes as well has sweepstakes going on now.



                                          My CVS Trip


Did not have as many coupons has I would have liked too.  But I think I did okay.  If  you are new to CVS you can use your food stamps and still get the ECB coupons from purchases.  I still get asked that question.  
Here's what I got this trip:

2 bags candy snickers and m&m
2 Cheetos bags
2 large sized Cheerios boxes
2 fruity pebbles boxes

I used $1.50 in coupons and spent $21.24.  I got $6 in Extra Care Bucks. Turned around and got these items for $1.70 used $8 in ECB's.

Saving for trip $12                       Out of Pocket $1.70


Still learning and sharing everything with everyone enjoy your day.

No comments: