Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Family Fun Recipe--Homemade Mongolian Beef

Since the kids are back in  school.  I wanted to do a simple recipe that the whole family can help cook.  As my Conor says mom you cook to many Asian dishes.  I can't help it I love Asian food.  It's easy and quick and so yummy.  I love my wok.  I am such a Hoisin junkie.  Can't get enough of this sauce in my food. The recipe originally came from the taste of home magazine but I have altered it for my families taste.

2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 to 2 lbs beef sirloin tips
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
5 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
Rice

Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl stirring to mix cornstarch real well.
Set this aside
After you have chopped beef into bite sized pieces you can put into wok or large frying pan
before doing so add 2 teaspoons Olive Oil.  Cook until no longer pink.  Set aside and keep it warn. I like to put in the microwave for a minute.
Put your onions in the same pan with the rest of the olive oil.  You don't want to cook it to much.  It needs to be crisp so only 2-3 minutes.  Add the sauce to the onions but make sure its all mixed up.  Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.  It should thicken up.  Then you add the beef and heat through.  Serve over rice this can feed 2-3 people.











                                                Enjoy the recipe it one of my favorites.

Murder Mystery Cooking will return next week.























No comments: