Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Art and Mental Health

Good Morning dear readers,  This was supposed to be posted yesterday but the boys gave me some kind of bug.  I'm better now just a headache.  I'm loving my new hobby-art journaling. But I realized something the other day, its not really new to me.  I've been jouraling off and on for years now.  I never thought to put art components into it until recently. The Internet is a wonderful source to learn a lot about art journaling. If you've ever considered art journaling check out YouTube tutorials, so very interesting and informative.  I'm not very good at drawing but in this form you don't have to be good.  You can use other components to get your message across.  You can use paint, stencils, crayons, stickers anything you want will do it.  There's even a tutorial on turning a comp book into an art journal.  I will be doing this soon and sharing on the blog.  Another reason I love art journaling it helps me with my depression/anxiety and stress.  If you read my blog you know I have MS and stress is not good for me.   I'm able to keep it under control through expressing what's going on in my mind. This is a wonderful release.  Especially when you've got a lot going on in your life.  I did my first page and I wanted to share it with you.  It has a little bit of everything paints, stenciling, scrap booking bits.  Enjoy and check it art journaling on YouTube.




                                           For easy pinning http://www.pinterest.com/pin/362610207470059928/



Linking to this party
http://tatertotsandjello.com/2014/03/link-party-palooza-daybreak-utahs-lulu-lemon-giveaway.html

No comments: