Sunday, September 4, 2016

Upcycling Springtime to Halloween Haunted Birdhouse

(amazon affiliated link see disclosure in footer)
Good morning dear readers, I've kinda got the headache under control.  So I was able to finish my haunted birdhouse and it was a lot of fun to play with your kids are gonna love it. You can find a lot of the items at walmart or amazon or even check your stash.  I found the birdhouse at one of my thrifting hauls it was made to look like spring. That did not sit well with me.  I wanted to make it look like Halloween.  When your finished it will look like this photo.




This is want it looked like before the makeover.



To achieve this look you'll need the following:

Birdhouse 
Halloween colors
Halloween collage images
plastic skeletons
day of the dead stickers
orange or black pebbles 
spider webbing in Halloween colors I used purple they were out of black
glue gun
modpodge glue
paint brush 
gesso 
sandpaper

First off sand the birdhouse to smooth out glue areas and cover with gesso.


Then paint in stages 





Then make sure your collage elements and webbing fit your birdhouse.



Add all your elements using modpodege or glue gun



Once everything is done drying your finished.



Linking to these parties:
http://blueskykitchen.net/2016/09/15/your-inspired-design-link-party-53/



here's some fun things to create your own Halloween fun.



No comments: