Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Going Cajun-Red Beans and Rice

Good Morning dear readers,  here's another lovely recipe.  This recipe reminds me of the years I spent in Louisiana.  It's a hearty and healthy recipe no meat required.  The boys just love it so most kids will eat it,  especially if my picky eaters  like it.  Another reason I like this recipe it cooks in my dutch oven.  I did cook the instant rice before adding it to the dish. I want to make sure everything cooks likes it supposed too.  I had it happen in one recipe that you did not need to precook the rice and that was a disaster.  So I always precook rice. I adapted this recipe from recipe lion to fit my families needs.  Here's all the ingredients you'll need:


One dutch oven or large pot
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1-15 oz can Beef Broth
1-15.5 oz can Red Kidney Beans, drained
1-Bag Cooked Success Rice
Paul Prudhomme Seafood Seasoning just to taste unless you like it real hot.

Saute onion and pepper in vegetable oil in large pot.  Cook until onions are clear.  Add garlic let cook for 1-2 minutes.  Add your broth and let boil.  Then place on simmer add your beans and rice to dish..  Then add seasoning to taste.  Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.  Bon Appetite. 


No comments: