Monday, February 10, 2014

Crock Pot Love-Herbed Chicken and Shrimp

Good Morning dear readers,  I'm doing an extra foodie post this week. I want to start using my new crock pot more often. I've been reviewing recipes this weekend trying to find some really good ones to use.  Well I still had a supply of the diced chicken from that meat sale and I've been been trying to figure what to do with it.  There was this lovely recipe in my big ole binder of recipes that is perfect for a valentines dinner. Yes we found this recipe from taste of home years ago and changed it to fit my families taste and my physical limitations.  So here we go.


1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper or just to taste
1 bag Tyson grilled diced chicken  
1 bag frozen chopped onion
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil  
1 lb frozen precooked shrimp

Basically this is a dump and go recipe.  You will put the chicken in 5 qt crock pot and mix salt and pepper with it.  Next mix broth, sauce, onions and herbs together and then pour over chicken.  Let cook 3-4 hours on high in crock pot. Add the shrimp and mix well and cook an additional 20-30 minutes or when shrimp turns pink.   This is so versatile you can serve it over rice or noodles or serve it with a side of mashed potatoes.  Enjoy your Valentines Day.






For  easy pinning http://www.pinterest.com/pin/362610207469635488/


No comments: