Monday, November 28, 2016

Upcycled Pine Box to Glam Trinket Box

(contains amazon affiliated links see disclosure in footer)
Good Morning dear readers, sorry its taken me awhile with all the holiday stuff going on to post the finished box.  So here it is in all its glory.  I went with a lovely paint color I found and some embellishments I'm going to share with you.  So lets get started.




This is the outside



                                           Finished the inside with a layer of decorator duck tape

                                                      Here's what we started with

I used a berry color acrylic paint it just went so well with the bling (which I covered in Vaseline so the paint would not stick to it).   After several coats of the berry paint I put a pearlesant glaze over the top part to make it sparkly.  Then when that dried I applied the owl rhinestone sticker and foam glitter stickers which I found in my stash.


I painted the inside with the berry acrylic paint (using the Vaseline).  Once that dried used decorated duck tape in strips to cover that blue paper.  Used exacted knife to cute excess tape,   That's how I finished it up and it was a lot of fun.


here's some items from amazon to help you create your own box


No comments: