Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Crock Pot Indonesian Pork

Good Morning dear readers,  this weeks recipe is one that I've been dying to cook.  It came from my collected recipe collection book and was found in family circle.  I've never tried recipes that use curry or coconut milk and this was a first effort.  I love how it turned out and you will love the chunks of meat and the tang of curry has it hits your tongue.  I altered this recipe to fit my families needs, don't want to make it to hot.  So here's what you'll need:


2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 lbs. pork I used carnitas cut into small chunks
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 cup diced onions frozen or you can use fresh slice onion rings 
1 lb small cut up red potatoes
1/2 bag small baby carrots
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger

Coat your crock pot with cooking oil

Heat up skillet with vegetable oil and add meat.  Season with salt and pepper and saute in oil for 3 minutes.

When done place meat in crock pot layer with onions, potatoes and carrots.  In your mixing bowl stir coconut milk, curry powder, soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger pour over meat and vegetables in crock pot.

Let cook in crock pot on high for 4-6 hours during cooking add salt to taste.  Serve with bread and salad Bon Appetite









No comments: