Saturday, July 11, 2015

unstuffed pepper casserole

Good Morning dear readers,  yes we have a new recipe to share. I've been seeing a lot of recipes that take the stuffing out of the roll or the veggie.  I wanted to try my hand at creating this wonderful comfort food.  Everyone always eats what's leftover from the pepper so why not dispense with the pepper. This was a taste of home recipe that I altered to fit my families needs:  I ended up using things that were already in my pantry.  I like those kinds of recipes when you don't have to run to the store to get items you need to make the recipe. So here's what you need

1 lb ground turkey (you can use ground beef)
2 bags of success rice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of black pepper
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz) only use half in the casserole the rest will be drizzled on top
1 bag frozen pepper and onion mix  (mine was a fajita mix)

Brown your meat in skillet or dutch oven.  Boil success rice until done.  Combine ground meat, rice and veggies, mix in spices and sauce.  Drizzle remaining tomato sauce on top. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and your done.  Note I did not saute veggies if you want you can try it that way.  I put mine in frozen.  Bon appetite your kids are gonna love it plus they eat their veggies.




No comments: