Monday, December 9, 2013

Songs of the Season

Good Morning all,  Running a little late today had to run and do my meat shopping at Save mart will post that later.  When I think of Christmas, I look forward, no listen forward to the music associated with the holidays.
Who doesn't love Bing Crosby's White Christmas makes everyone wish for snow on Christmas day.  I can remember when I lived in Kentucky and it snowed on Christmas Day.  It just made the day more special and the boys made a Snowman outside.  I feel we have more memorable moments because of snow.   Another song I love is "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer".  This is funny and cute and if your feeling a little blue this at least gets you to laugh.  "Love Actually" has a another popular song "All I want for Christmas is you" gets you thinking about the ones you love in your life and spending time with them.  This makes me want to party and spend time with family.  Last but certainly not least is "The Christmas Shoes"  a very sad and poignant song about a boy and his mother dying at Christmas.  I always cry when I hear this song makes you think about the people you lost at holiday time.  What are some of the songs you listen too at Christmas?  Do you take your kids out caroling?  So this year, I want you to get the music out and share some of your favourite songs with your family and friends.  Enjoy the holidays everyone.



No comments: