Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Black Cat Brownie Cake

Good Morning all,  Sorry this is so late this morning.  I waited for UPS to come yesterday apparently medication not shipped yet.  So I ran early this morning and got everything I needed for this yummy cake.  This is an old recipe I got years ago from taste of home.  I've adapted it for my families taste and my cooking skills.  Never done one like this before and had a little trepidation getting the tail, head and ears right. So here's what you'll need.


1 package fudge brownie mix
(13 inch x 9 inch pan size)
1 can (12 oz) chocolate frosting
color gumdrops or any candy for face (I used twizzlers and gumdrops)
licorice can be used for mouth and whiskers

Line 2 9inch pans with parchment paper (I used waxed paper)
coat with cooking spray and set aside

Make brownie mix according to package directions original recipe did not say this but put 2 eggs instead of one for cake like consistency.
pour into pans and bake at 350 or 20-25 minutes check with fork to make sure its done.
cool for ten minutes 
remove wax paper

put cats body on wax paper or board which ever you have available
take other cake and cut crescent slice and use for tail
make a vertical cut forming a small half circle cut in half to form ears
now take rest of cake forming the head and place cut side on top of body
put ears in place
now frost cake hiding any lines
Fill face with desired candy you can use candy corn for toes or gumdrops

note: still having trouble with follow buttons so here you go www.facebook.com/lorraine2448
www.twitter.com/lorraine2448 thanks for reading.











No comments: