Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year with a German Pot Roast

Good Afternoon all,  Conor got his wish for the New Year a German Recipe.  First off,  I wanted to wish all my readers a Happy New year and I will continue to bring you new recipes, ways to save money and help with health issues/parenting and of course the further adventures of Frankie.  Those of you who read my blog know my youngest son Conor is really into his German heritage and wants us to cook more German recipes.  Don't worry I still make my Asian recipes in fact half of that 10 lb roast is in the crock pot being turned into Asian sliders as we speak.  I found today's recipe on the taste of home website and have altered it to fit my families taste.  So without further ado here's the recipe.


calls for 3-4 lb pork tenderloin (used 5 lb shoulder roast)
4 garlic gloves, minced (used 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon each oregano, thyme and rosemary
1/4 teaspoon pepper (used just to taste)
4 potatoes peeled and cut (used more and cut into chunks)
2 onions cut and quartered
called for yellow tomato we omitted this item boys don't like whole tomatoes

Get a nice sized bowl and mix oil, lemon juice and all seasoning together.
Put roast in shallow pan or roasting whichever you have
Cook 20 minutes by itself at 375 degrees
Add potatoes and onions and cook them with the meat for an hour 
It took the meat another hour to cook did not want the vegetables to burn so set them aside and kept warm until roast was done.  Roast will be done when thermometer reads 160.

Voila you have dinner we served with a cake from the store bakery wasn't up to doing a cake today and of course the sparkling holiday cider.  Want to make sure you don't miss any post follow me on facebook or bloglovin would love to have you. Please send me some comment love if you love the recipes always love reading every ones comments.












                                                                     


No comments: