Monday, January 26, 2015

I don't have Bees Knees

Good Morning dear readers,  I almost forgot to continue the post where Frankie talks about my exercising.  Well I have bad knees and to coin the phrase they are not the Bees Knees. I'm not sure what that means but I thought it was cute.  When they swelled to the size of watermelons, I was sent to physical therapy to help strengthen them.  I needed to do exercises at home and Frankie did not like me using his leash to support my legs.  My therapist gave me these wonderful exercise bands with loops on them to do my exercises and they work really well.  Here's some of the exercises you can do to keep your knees strong.


1.  First exercise lay on the floor and lift your leg as high as you can.  Do this 10 times for each leg and do 3 sets of these I try to do this twice a day especially when my knees are bothering me.

2.  Sit up position- while sitting on the floor with your legs out in front of you, put loop on band around foot and bring your knee to your chest holding the other ends of the bands to support your leg. Do this ten times for each leg doing 3 sets.

3.  Range of motion- lay on floor with loop around foot and bring your knee to your chest and then stretch out leg do this 10 times for each leg doing 3 sets.  When I first did this I got weird looks from Frankie especially using his leash.

4.  I call this the torture move lay on your stomach with loop around foot and pull the foot over your back and hold for 15-20 seconds.  Only do 2 sets.

What all this does is flush out fluids and strengthens muscle tissue.  Be careful when trying this at home especially if borrowing leash from pet they might bite you.  I got nipped because he wanted his leash back.



Here's Frankie's post
http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com/2015/01/frankies-corner-exercising-your-human.html

No comments: